NW Arkansas Base Camp
Wilderness Survival School
Less than 2 miles from Historic War Eagle Mill
Classes & Training in NW Arkansas
Upcoming Classes in NW Arkansas:
Lead Instructor: Matt Tate
Owner and Lead Survival Instructor of American Survival Co. as well as Owner of Integrated Survival Systems, Former Army Combat Engineer, NRA-Certified Instructor.
Matt’s love of survival started as young kid growing up in a Cherokee community where the old ways of hunting, fishing and bushcraft of the Native American culture are still cherished.
As a combat veteran and certified survival instructor, Matt is passionate about teaching others life-saving skills to survive emergency situations and thrive in the wilderness. Matt has trained in diverse environments from the Ozarks, to swamps, jungles, mountains and the desert. Drawing on his own experiences surviving in some of the world’s most unforgiving environments, Matt is passionate about sharing the skills and lessons he has learned.
Matt served as a Combat Engineer in Fallujah, Iraq and then went on to serve with the Oklahoma Military Dept, Employment Security Commission and the Executive Branch of the US Govt.
Today, Matt uses his wilderness and tactical experience to provide civilian, military, and organizational training domestically and internationally. He appeared in season one of Discovery Channel’s Bushcraft Build-off, designed multiple blades with world famous Dozier knives specific to survival training, and contributes to publications like Backpacker Magazine.
His survival experience is matched by his tactical experience; serving as an Army Engineer in Fallujah, Matt encountered heavy combat. He then went on to serve with the Oklahoma Military Dept, Employment Security Commission and the Executive Branch of the US Govt.
Today, Matt uses his wilderness and tactical experience to provide to civilian, military, and organizational training domestically and internationally.
Location: War Eagle Base Camp - NW Arkansas
Our War Eagle base camp is located on private land, just minutes away from the historical War Eagle Mill in Rogers, Arkansas.
At our base camp you will find great diversity in plant life, hard woods, soft woods, elevation changes and War Eagle creek runs along the property. It is teaming with wildlife and has amazing views of the bluff line and creek from our primitive camping site.
- Immerse yourself in the primitive environment by staying in one of our primitive shelters, camping in a tent or setting up a hammock camp.
- Stay in our bunk house – offers 12 bunks, full kitchen, water, restroom, shower and heat and air conditioning. $30 per person per night – submit bunk house request here.
- Stay at our fully furnished, log cabin that sleeps 8. Submit request here 2 weeks prior to class.
- Are there bathrooms available? Yes!
- Food & water? Please bring your own. Students will not have access to a kitchen or running water unless they are renting one of our facilities. Please bring plenty of bottled water and food for the time you will be with us. We will have a campfire to cook over.
- How close am I to gas and other conveniences? The closes gas stationg is 20 miles away, as are most restaurants, and other lodging options. Plan accordingly. War Eagle Mill is located less than 2 miles down the road and offers lunch every day with breakfast on the weekends. See menu and view hours here.