Assemble your own bow with the DIY Horse Bow Kit™ by Mead Longbows, made just for our 1-day bow class.
No previous bow making experience needed!
Mead Longbows has taken care of the hard job of tillering the bow. Take part in the construction of a UNIQUE composite bow and build your own with this kit. It is very simple yet rewarding. Assemble it, do some finish sanding/filing on siyahs and customize to your personal taste.
New to bow making? Looking for an affordable way to get into bow making? Not sure about tillering?
These bow kit offer a frustration free way to enter the world of bow making! Don’t waste your money buying your own materials that may not end up producing the results you were looking for. Start your bow making journey here! All kits come with an easy to follow 45min instructional video and a 25 page user’s manual to set you up for success.
- Kit includes all materials needed to build into a solid shooting bow. (Decorative bindings and takedown materials are not provided for this price. These materials are not needed to use the bow.)
- Beginner Horse Bow Model up to 30lbs pull/draw weight
- Backyard/Target Horse Bow Model up to 40lbs pull/draw weight
- Recurve Backyard/Target Model up to 40lbs pull/draw weight
- Recurve Hunting Model up to 50lbs pull/draw weightThe “Trad Style Cousin” of my “wild” horsebow. This new design resembles a deflex recurve and the ancient Assyrian style composite bow. It’s smooth, stable, quick pointing, and forgiving. Efficient, well balanced, and quick! Stable, yet still compact! This one-of-a-kind, compact powerhouse will get the job done. The forward grip provides a great transition for traditional archers/hunters that want to get their hands on a unique, primitive bow. Great for stands, blinds, thick brush, and general archery use. No backing, no laminations – just bamboo and wood! Get that vintage traditional feel with a primitive quietness. Super light in the hand, smooth with no stack finger pinch or handshock. Very powerful with hard hitting speed to take down any game animal in North America. Said by many archers during this past year’s testing, “This new bow is well mannered and easy to shoot consistently. The forward grip and deflexed riser makes for an easy pointing bow.”
Prices include shipping to anywhere in the US. Please contact us for international pricing.
Draw length on all bows is measured from the back of the bows handle (back being side that faces away from archer) to inside of the nock of the arrow. All bows are around 49-54 inches when strung, depending on draw length. If you have a longer draw length than offered contact us (email@example.com).
All bows are made to be shot left or right handed.