Whether you are an international traveler or never leave your neighborhood, the threat of encountering hostile individuals is a reality for all of us. Learn valuable skills to put you at an advantage in event of situations like home invasion, assault, and kidnap. Our SERE course is developed from personal training in Naval special forces, omitting those elements which we are not legally able to provide to the civilian population. We further tailor the instruction to focus on the most common threats encountered by civilians both domestically and abroad.
In this class you will learn:
- Situational awareness and preventative measures
- Escaping common restraints like handcuffs and zip ties
- Learn how to use and conceal makeshift weapons
- Survival mentality and how to best interact with hostile individuals and captors
- Navigation and wilderness survival tips when being tracked
Tactical survival is a different beast than wilderness survival, sometimes requiring the elements of wilderness survival be put to use in an escape or evasion scenario. Tactical survival requires a significant mental preparedness in a high-stress situation. Being trained and prepared for an urban survival situation can truly be the difference between life and death.
This course is ideal for:
- International travelers
- Mission teams and aid workers
- Students heading to college or who plan to travel
- Anyone who feels they might be a target or never wants to be a victim
- Food for Meals & Snacks
- Water (well water available on site, but has an acquired taste)
- Lockpicks* (optional if you have one you’d like to test out, we recommend Bogota’s)
- Last day wear a light-colored shirt you don’t mind getting dirty. We will do knife attacks with washable markers to get an idea of the damage received
- Mouthguard for combative portion* (optional, we provide headgear so the mouth guards are not necessary, but an added comfort for protecting your teeth)
- A good attitude!
Am I responsible for my own food and water? Yes, bring enough food and water for the duration of the event. We do have access to a kitchen and refrigerator for food storage.
Will I have cell phone service? Yes, cell phone service is actually very strong at our camp.
What is the bathroom situation? Bathroom facilities are available onsite.
Is smoking and alcohol allowed? Smoking is allowed, alcohol is prohibited
Should I tip my instructor? Tipping is common in this industry, but please don’t feel pressured to do so. If you feel that your instructor has gone above and beyond to provide you a quality class and you would like to tip them, it will be greatly appreciated.
Cancellations may be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds and credits are provided based on the following:
30+ days 75% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
29 to 15 days 50% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
14-5 days 25% of workshop price returned (per person) or 75% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
5 days or less 0% of workshop price returned (per person) or 50% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
If you do not cancel (we receive no written notification) and you do not show up there is no refund or store credit available. You must call ahead to cancel.