In an emergency situation you have 3 hours to secure shelter in extreme temperatures. Students learn to quickly make a shelter using a tarp. With a system of easy-to-learn knots, students will be able to construct reliable tarp shelters in a matter of minutes. We will explore a variety of tarp pitches for different environments and situations, to create the most effective shelter to withstand inclement weather. Our tarp pitches in Florida have survived Hurricane Max and Irma with little to no adjustment. While we cover tarp shelters in EDC Wilderness Survival, we will go deeper into shelter creation, exploring even more pitches and variations. This is great for anyone looking to make their pack ultra light on the trail.
Takeaway: Students will learn to quickly and effectively construct a reliable tarp shelter for a variety of environments and situation, to withstand the worst of mother nature. This is great for anyone looking to make their pack ultra light on the trail.
- Food for meals & snacks
- Water (there is a well on site, but well water is an acquired taste)
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Fixed blade full tang knife
- Waterproof shoes / boots
Am I responsible for my own food and water? Yes, bring enough food and water for at least one day. At our Florida location you will have access to a primitive outdoor kitchen. There are also restaurants within a 15 minute drive
Will I have cell phone service? Cell phone service is spotty, but you will have access to electricity to charge phones.
What is the bathroom situation? Port-a-potties are available on-site
Is smoking and alcohol allowed? Smoking is allowed, alcohol is prohibited
Should I tip my instructor? Tipping is common in this industry, but please don’t feel pressured to do so. If you feel that your instructor has gone above and beyond to provide you a quality class and you would like to tip them, it will be greatly appreciated.
Cancellations may be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.Refunds and credits are provided based on the following:
- 30+ days 75% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 29 to 15 days 50% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 14-5 days 25% of workshop price returned (per person) or 75% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 5 days or less 0% of workshop price returned (per person) or 50% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- If you do not cancel (we receive no written notification) and you do not show up there is no refund or store credit available. You must call ahead to cancel.