Construct an atlatl from natural materials in this one-day class at American Survival Co. in Jacksonville, Florida. With this primitive weapon, you can learn to hunt and fish like Matt Graham. The Atlatl has been used since the earliest civilizations. This quick, powerful throwing spear that offers more range than a javelin, but is easier to make and master than bow, allowing you to have a handy weapon for obtaining protein. With a spur on one end and a handle on the other, it provides additional leverage to propel a dart that is heavier than an arrow but lighter than a spear much farther and up to three times faster than one could with a one-handed throw.
- Food for meals & snacks
- Water (there is a well on site, but well water is an acquired taste)
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Fixed blade full tang knife
- Waterproof shoes / boots
Am I responsible for my own food and water? Yes, bring enough food and water for at least one day. At our Florida location you will have access to a primitive outdoor kitchen. There are also restaurants within a 15 minute drive
Will I have cell phone service? Cell phone service is spotty, but you will have access to electricity to charge phones.
What is the bathroom situation? Port-a-potties are available on-site
Is smoking and alcohol allowed?Smoking is allowed, alcohol is prohibited
Should I tip my instructor? Tipping is common in this industry, but please don’t feel pressured to do so. If you feel that your instructor has gone above and beyond to provide you a quality class and you would like to tip them, it will be greatly appreciated.
Cancellation/Refund Policy Cancellations may be made in writing to email@example.com.Refunds and credits are provided based on the following:
- 30+ days 75% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 29 to 15 days 50% of workshop price returned (per person) or 100% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 14-5 days 25% of workshop price returned (per person) or 75% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- 5 days or less 0% of workshop price returned (per person) or 50% in store credit (valid for 60 days)
- If you do not cancel (we receive no written notification) and you do not show up there is no refund or store credit available. You must call ahead to cancel.