Core Wilderness Survival – KY
June 6 @ 9:00 am - June 8 @ 5:00 pm$45.00 – $350.00
You’ve found yourself stranded in the wilderness, it happens to more than 2,000 people every year. Do you have the skills to survive? Wilderness Survival is a comprehensive study of the key elements of survival: shelter, water, fire and food (plus a few extras that could save your life). Students will learn to:
- Build a simple, modern shelter utilizing a tarp
- Multiple methods for building friction fires, including how to build a fire at night and in poor weather conditions
- Water procurement and filtration
- Protein procurement including trapping and fishing techniques
- Wilderness first aid and saftey techniques
Bonus Content: We will discuss survival packs and gear ideas, looking at everyday carry bags and covering minimum survival gear that should always be carried. We will end in self-rescue techniques.
Takeaway: Upon completion students will have the knowledge to provide for your most essential survival needs, think strategically about steps necessary to staying alive and take action to save their lives and those of their party, should they ever become stranded in the wilderness. Students who complete this course, should be prepared to thrive and not just survive!
For those unable to attend the full class you are able to purchase the following elements of this course:
- Wilderness Navigation – June 6 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Primitive Trapping – June 8 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM